By George W. Anderson
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR
Pub Date: June 25, 2004
Size: 3.96 MB
In this book, a leading expert on SAP performance walks through every facet of tuning and optimizing mySAP Solutions, and the technology layers underpinning these solutions, to maximize performance and value. George W. Anderson covers the entire testing and tuning process: planning, staffing, developing, testing, executing, validating, evaluating...and acting on what you've learned.
Anderson offers unparalleled guidance with regard to predicting the impact of system changes—from new hardware to updated NetWeaver-enabled business processes. Along the way, he shows how to make the most of countless optimization and monitoring tools—from free and low-cost technology stack-based utilities to comprehensive, automated SAP testing suites. His vendor-neutral, unbiased coverage includes:
- Quantifying concrete performance requirements—even for complex, cross-application business processes
- Testing and monitoring daily system loads, month-end or seasonal business peaks, key transactions, and complex multi-system business processes
- Conducting comprehensive server, SAN/disk subsystem, and database testing
- Managing the testing process, leveraging proven best practices and techniques
- Analyzing, verifying, and quantifying SAP availability, scalability, and TCO
Regardless of the technology infrastructure underpinning your SAP solutions, if you're responsible for deploying, managing, maintaining, refreshing, upgrading, or supporting SAP technologies, you need this book—now.